[mapserver-users] Make problems with 3.6

Thes Quid ThesQuid at FriedBaloney.com
Wed Jun 19 00:50:28 EDT 2002

Hi,

I've just started out trying mapserver, and finally got ./configure to
run,
but now make complains as follows: (lines wrapped for clarity)

[aspidoceleon:local/src/mapserver-3.6.0] thesquid (root)#make
gcc -c -O2  -Wall   -DIGNORE_MISSING_DATA  -DUSE_EPPL -DUSE_PROJ
-DUSE_PROJ_API_H -DUSE_WMS
  -DUSE_TIFF -DUSE_JPEG -DUSE_GD_PNG -DUSE_GD_JPEG -DUSE_GD_WBMP
-DUSE_GD_FT -DUSE_PDF
  maptemplate.c -o maptemplate.o
In file included from map.h:28,
                  from maptemplate.h:8,
                  from maptemplate.c:3:
mapsymbol.h:4: gd.h: No such file or directory
In file included from map.h:32,
                  from maptemplate.h:8,
                  from maptemplate.c:3:
mapproject.h:13: proj_api.h: No such file or directory
In file included from maptemplate.h:8,
                  from maptemplate.c:3:
map.h:34: gd.h: No such file or directory
map.h:37: pdflib.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/src/mapserver-3.6.0.

Any suggestions? I had to move my gd libs to my /usr/lib/ directory to
get it to configure, and it found them.
But now it still complains it can't find them to compile? Arrrgh.

Thanks for any help,

Dana L Coe
System Administrator
Heavy Hammer New Media Solutions