[mapserver-users] compiling Perl/Mapscript takes time

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Fri Mar 1 08:32:22 EST 2002

Here's a stab at it. "make install" simply moves all the files that are needed into the locations they need to be, from what I've seen. You could do a "make install" on a second machine without recompiling however there is one hitch, when the install runs it usually does a move instead of a copy so if you were to tar the contents of the compile directory, copy it to the other machine, & "make install" it wouldn't find most of the files to install. I have to defer how to change this to someone else.
Lowell F.

The following message was sent by Puneet Kishor <pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com> on Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:12:23 -0600.