[mapserver-users] php_mapscript.so not found

Pushkar Pradhan pushkar at ERC.MsState.Edu
Sun Mar 3 19:26:18 EST 2002

Hi,
I compiled php_map***.so and placed it under the lib dir. of php.
I've enabled dl in my .ini file and the extension_dir = ./
I've compiled php as a dynamic module, I am running apache 1.3.22 , php
4.0.6, mapserver 3.5 on sun solaris.
I also made user I've the path from my hello.php (which is trying to load
the module) to the .so r-x for public. (this is suggested on MS website)
Yet I get the foll. error:
Warning: Unable to load dynamic library './php_mapscript.so' - ld.so.1:
/rstc/user1/erc/pushkar/apache_1.3.22/bin/httpd: fatal:
./php_mapscript.so: open failed: No such file or directory in
/rstc/user1/erc/pushkar/gis/hello.php on line 20

I have done everything from restarting apache to opening a new browser.
On opening hello.php in my browser I see extension_dir = ./ in the tables
and so does everything else seem okay.
If anybody has worked around this problem please help me.
Thanks in advance,

PUSHKAR S. PRADHAN
Research Assistant
MISSISSIPPI STATE UNIVERSITY,