[mapserver-users] getDouble(): Symbol definition error. (UNITS):(7)

Jim Palma jpalma at donahue.umassp.edu
Wed Mar 6 10:03:52 EST 2002

To teach myself how to use mapserver,  I am editing the itasca demo
files to display data for Massachusetts.  I have run into a problem that
I can't figure out (one of many, I assume).  I am getting this error
message:

getDouble(): Symbol definition error. (UNITS):(7)

According to what I can figure out, this means that line 7 of the .map
file has a problem.  But line 7 is just the units definition for the
file.  It reads "UNITS METERS" in itasca.  I have changed it to each
possible value but always get the same error.  Anyone have any ideas
here?

BTW, the itasca demo works fine on my machine.  If you want to see this
error for yourself, go to:

http://maps.donahue.umassp.edu/massachusetts/massachusetts_init.html

Thanks,

Jim