[mapserver-users] PHP Vs. Cold Fusion...

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Mon Mar 11 19:09:41 EST 2002

>Thank you for your response.  I do have some other questions such as:
>
>Does it run off a ODBC server?

PHP has a lot of options for connecting to databases, but my favorite is
ADOdb. (http://bepreparedtc.com/) ADOdb is a database abstraction layer for
PHP which allows you to program against a fairly wide range of data sources
(including ODBC) from a single interface.

>I am currently running windows 2000 operating system.

Right now, PHP runs a little better under a UNIX-like OS than under NT

Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.
Rich at GreenwoodMap.com