[mapserver-users] Mapscript newby ..

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Mar 13 08:49:01 EST 2002

Giorgio,

Your mapserv does not have support for GIF images so you need to make
sure that you map and symbol files does not reference any. I believe the
standard demo.map does.

So ...

you need to change all the GIF references to PNG and convert all the GIF
files to PNG. See:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MapServerDemo

for more info.

-Steve W.