[mapserver-users] Windows 98 running PHP/Mapserv: gmap75.phtml does not work.

Jan Mantkowski jan.mantkowski at gmx.de
Fri Mar 15 04:25:06 EST 2002

Hi all,

i run into a problem installing Mapserver and PHP/MapScript at my notebook.

This is what i did:
Windows 98 SE, german language
FoxServ2.1.exe (WAMP system right out of the box providing php4.1.1, mySQL
3.23 Apache 1.3.22)
PostNuke (cvsbuild03132002.tar.gz) to test it. It runs perfect.
Mapserver (ms35png.zip).
Then i changed the php from module to cgi by editing the httpd.conf:

Add:
ScriptAlias /php/ "c:/FoxServ/php/"
Action application/x-httpd-php "/php/php.exe"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php4 .phtml

Delete:
LoadModule php4_module C:\FoxServ/php/sapi/php4apache.dll
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4 .php .htm .php3 .inc

I restarted the server and run phpinfo.php.
In the first table the Server API line changed from:

Server API			Apache
Server API			CGI.

Again, PostNuke did very well.

itasca3.5.tar.gz.
To make it work i converted all grafics from .gif to.png and changed the
demo.map and demo_init.html to call the .png files instead of .gif files. It
runs perfect.

php4.0.6_php_mapscript_35_release.zip
Installed as told.

Now i installed gmap-ms35-release.zip and run into problems.
Whenever i run
c:\foxserv\www\gmap\htdocs\gmap75.phtml
i get this error message:
Warning: Unable to load dynamic library
'\php\extensions\php_mapscript_35.dll'

So i tryed to change the php.ini:
extension_dir = \php\extensions\
But what directory i choosed, it does not work.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Jan Mantkowski

PS:
I am german, so there might be a few errors in this e-mail.

Luton (near London), England
vormals
Hamburg, Deutschland

e-mail: jan.mantkowski at gmx.de