[mapserver-users] Proj 4.4.5 <-> Mapserver 3.5 problems

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 20 10:31:55 EST 2002

Havard Tveite wrote:
> I recently tried to install proj 4.4.5 with my mapserver 3.5
> (mapserver README dated Dec 19 00:11) on Solaris 2.5.1. That
> made mapserver crash. After reinstalling proj 4.4.3, things
> worked again.
>
> Is it just my shaky system/configuration or is there a problem
> here?
> Anyone else who has tried proj. 4.4.5 with mapserver 3.5 ?

Havard,

There were some problems between MapServer 3.5 and some recent proj versions.
You should be able to work from the MapServer CVS version or the PROJ.4
CVS version to avoid the problems.

The problems I am familiar with should only kick in if a datum shift is
being attempted internally as I recall, and relate to MapServer passing
in a NULL "z" coordinate array that PROJ.4 attempts to dereference.

Best regards,