[mapserver-users] getString(): Symbol definition error. (6):(93)

Pushkar Pradhan pushkar at ERC.MsState.Edu
Wed Mar 20 13:03:40 EST 2002

Hi all,
I am getting the above error for a particular shape file. The layer for
this file is as follows:
LAYER
   NAME 6cnty_quad
   TYPE POLYGON
   DATA "../6cnty_quad"
   STATUS DEFAULT

   CLASS # every county
     OUTLINECOLOR 28 28 28
     COLOR 165 135 45
   END

END # end of layer object - 6cnty_quad
I checked the name, the path also (experimented with the "" and without).
The other files in this directory show up okay that means the permiss. is
okay.
The line no. 93 refers to the LAYER statement. The type is also polygon.
I've checked with colleagues and made sure the file is good. I am out of
ideas please help!

PUSHKAR S. PRADHAN
Research Assistant
MISSISSIPPI STATE UNIVERSITY,