[mapserver-users] ms_error question

Giorgio Volpe giorgio at nauta.it
Wed Mar 20 03:33:12 EST 2002

I need help about error in map server
I'm writing a script using perl and mapscript.

I've seen that I can use $mapscript::ms_error object to retrive
information about errors.
The question is: should i check this object after execution of every
mapserver method?

In particular I've a problem with

 $img=$map->draw()

I supposed it was right if defined($img), but in case of error, $img is
still defined and when i try

	mapscript::msSaveImage($me->img() ...

i get a "segmentation fault"

So I supposed it was right if,

	$mapscript::ms_error->{code} == $mapscript::MS_NOERR

but after $img=$map->draw(), $mapscript::ms_error->{code} is equal to
'1' (Unable to access file?) also if image is corectly generated and i
can save and see it.

I activate error log file ( set ENV{MS_ERRORFILE} ) and discovered that
mapscrip writes:

	Tue Mar 19 22:45:24 2002 - msSearchDiskTree(): Unable to access file.

after execution of $img=$map->draw().

Is there a problem with my map? (same map is ok with demo cgi ...)
Which is the right way for checking errors?

thanks!

--

    Giorgio