[mapserver-users] Symbols in MapInfo

Ari Yakar ayakar at globvision.com
Wed Mar 27 09:38:55 EST 2002

Agnieszka,

I had the same problem with Mapinfo tables, STYLITEM AUTO didn't work but
the following works.

1. In your map file add:

SYMBOLSET "D:\virtual\DVSweb\sym\symbolSet1.sym" #Path to symbol file

I have the above antry right after 'SIZE' entry

symbolSet.sym File contains

Symbol
	Name 'star'
	Type VECTOR
	FILLED
	Points
	0 .375
	.35 .375
	.5 0
	.65 .375
	1 .375
	.75 .625
	.875 1
	.5 .75
	.125 1
	.25 .625
	END
END

The layer deffinition in my map file:

LAYER
  NAME YourLayerName
  TYPE  point
  STATUS ON
  CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
  CONNECTION "d:\MapserverData\TABLENAME.TAB"
#  STYLEITEM "AUTO"

 LABELITEM 'LabelField'

  CLASS
    NAME "SomeClassName"
    COLOR 255 0 0
	SIZE 10
	SYMBOL star

	LABEL
		COLOR  255 255 255
		OFFSET  20 0
		ANGLE AUTO
		PARTIALS  TRUE
		FORCE  TRUE
	END

	OUTLINECOLOR  100 100 41
  END

  HEADER "d:\virtual\www\data_header.html"
  TEMPLATE "d:\virtual\www\data.html"
  FOOTER "d:\virtual\www\data_footer.html"

  PROJECTION
   "AUTO"
  END

END