[mapserver-users] creating new raster layer - perl mapscript

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Mar 27 23:33:14 EST 2002

Is this the official release for 3.5 or something pre-dating it. I seem to recall fixing a bug like this a while back. The code relies on the layer TYPE but also a CONNECTIONTYPE. I'll have to check the source to confirm default values. One possibility for the seg fault could be related to what values of the layer are set or not. For example, if you don't set NAME that could cause a problem with an error message since I imagine NAME is used to generate the message. Can you post the source code?

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> Kent S Ridl <kridl at cs.und.edu> 03/26/02 16:56 PM >>>
greetings all!

i'm trying to use mapscript to create a new raster layer to display.  only
problem is when i call $layer->draw(), it decides it is unable to access
my geotiff image and seg faults.  $mapscript::ms_error{routine} spits out
msOpenSHPFile().  the layer attributes i set are type (MS_RASTER), status
(MS_ON), and data.

we're running ms3.5 on red hat 7.2 (i think).  if you need any other
info, i'll get it to you asap.  i'm very new to the world of GIS, so i
really appreciate the help!  :-)

kent ridl