[mapserver-users] not unique image filenames problem

Vincent Schut schut at GisSrv.IenD.wau.nl
Thu Mar 28 05:19:57 EST 2002

Hi folks,

I'm running into a strange problem. Propably I'm doing something wrong :-)

I'm using php/mapscript to create (quite simple) raster images and view them
in a web page where you can zoom in/out and pan etc.
Everything works well, except that sometimes not the desired image of the
next zoom (or pan) operation appears, but an image that was created some
steps ago. I found out that this happens because the $map->saveWebImage does
*not* always create a new, unique name for the image to be saved in the temp
directory. If an image with the same name already exists, the save apparently
doesn't succeed and the old image is loaded.

Something wrong with the way mapserver creates "unique" image file names?
How to solve this? Anybody had the same experience?

Curiously,

Vincent Schut.