[mapserver-users] Fwd: querybyattributes

Patricio Gigoux pgigoux at munistgo.cl
Thu Mar 28 08:46:12 EST 2002

Hi
yes, I need know what are the steps for use and get correct answer from
querybyattributes.
But i read from de documentation the next:
 int queryByAttributes(int mode)
         Query layer for shapes that intersect current map extents.
         The query is performed on all the shapes that are part of a CLASS
         that contains a TEMPLATE value or that match any class in a
         layer that contains a LAYER TEMPLATE value.
         Mode is MS_SINGLE or MS_MULTIPLE depending on number of results
	    you want.
 	    Returns MS_SUCCESS if shapes were found or MS_FAILURE if nothing
         was found or if some other error happened (note that the error
         message in case nothing was found can be avoided in PHP using
         the '@' control operator).

then I use:
layer->setfilter("[campo]=$var");
layer->querybyattributes(MS_SINGLE);