[mapserver-users] not unique image filenames problem

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Thu Mar 28 17:46:38 EST 2002

Erwin,

This doesn't make any sense to me...

> Think in my case mapserver is slower in generating the image
> then PHP is
> in generating the code which loads the image.

no matter what variables you pass to the PHP page, it gets the url only
after mapserver has ripped through the geodata and generated an image.
Unless you are somehow timing things that your PHP script is possibly
running before the Mapserver code runs (possible because you are running a
separate window -- you mentioned popup). More often than not, the red-x is
because of something else going wrong that simply didn't create the image.

if you do think it is because of the non-linear nature of your application,
you could put a bit of code in your php page which checks whether the
specific image exists at the url or not before you try to load it.

maybe this is a good enough reason to try and steer away from popups or
frames, although they do have a place.