[mapserver-users] [Fwd: posting to mapserver?]

Jamie Smedsmo jsmedsmo at gis.umn.edu
Mon Mar 25 10:37:03 EST 2002

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: posting to mapserver?
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:14:43 -0700
From: "Hayley Nhan" <hayley at divestco.com>
To: <mdp at lists.gis.umn.edu>

Hello there...

I am trying to call Mapserver within a scripting language(Tcl/Tk) using
util_httppost as shown below:

    set mapserver_html [util_httppost $map_url
"map=test.map?imgext=20692..." 45]

but I get the following error message: This script can only be used to
decode form results.

If I use util_httpget, it works, but the reason I'm trying to use
util_httppost is because one of the form variables being passed to Mapserver
is too long when using a GET. Do you know how I would go about solving this
problem? Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Hayley