[mapserver-users] PHP MapScript and PHP 4.1.3

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu May 2 14:10:45 EDT 2002

Michael Delorme wrote:

> It's certainly stupid to use with 4.1.3 something build for 4.0.6 but
> sometimes we can't chose. Anyway, is there a workaround ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Win2k pro sp1
> MapServer 3.5 / PNG support
> Apache/1.3.24
> PHP/4.1.3-dev
> (my install worked fine on another server with php 4.0.6)

Michael,

The 3.5 release won't work with anything more recent than PHP4.0.6... so
you'll have to switch to the 3.6-dev version of MapServer for PHP4.1.x
and PHP4.2.x ...

You may have some luck with a DLL built for 4.1.2:
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/php4.1.2_php_mapscript_36-dev_libwww.zip
but if you notice any odd behavior with it, then you'll have to either
backtrack to PHP4.1.2 or hope that someone else is running 4.1.3-dev and
has a Windows binary available.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca