[mapserver-users] Perl Mapscript -- CALL FOR EXAMPLES

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun May 5 21:26:56 EDT 2002

OK people, where are the scripts?
The response has been less than enthusiastic :/

I have gotten responses from two people:

Lowell Filak
Chris Stuber

Both have promised to get their scripts converted to 3.5 and posted or
to me to post.

I am not familar with Lowell's scripts, but their sound fairly
extensive.

Chris has some very nice scripts including a whole Perl based map
navigation application and some other cool scripts.

BUT that does NOT take the rest of you off the hook so to speak ...

I think that what we also need are some of the more basic scripts that
our new users have been developing. I think these would be very good for
other users trying to get started with Perl/Mapscript.

There is also no reason that older scripts couldn't be submitted also. I
know there have been a lot of changes between 3.3, 3.4, and 3.5 so
creating rev specific pages would be a good idea.

The KEY is that we have examples that people can look at and get ideas
from. I do not expect these to be full blown documented applications. If
they are that is great, but I think code snipits are also VERY useful,
so please dig around your disk drives and find something to submit ---
of I'll keep pestering you with these emails :)

Thanks,
  -Steve