Bus error -- Re: [mapserver-users] Re: Perl/mapscript error

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Mon May 6 10:07:58 EDT 2002

It turns out that the SWIG generated mapscript.pm has the default DETROY methods as seen/created by SWIG and there has been a known warning that results from that. At the CGI level everything is just a warning but when you extend it to mod_perl it becomes a fatal.
I was mistaken on the mailling list, the answer was actually in the SWIG list here:
http://mailman.cs.uchicago.edu/pipermail/swig/2000-March/001227.html
With a bit more information here:
http://mailman.cs.uchicago.edu/pipermail/swig/2000-March/001232.html
Some time ago Steve L. mentioned that the default mapscript.pm did not behave well under mod_perl, if the destroy method is the only thing causing the problem it is an excellent development that it is now fixed. Thank you for bringing it up.
Lowell F.

The following message was sent by Puneet Kishor <pkishor at geoanalytics.com> on Sun, 5 May 2002 22:50:08 -0500.