Bus error -- Re: [mapserver-users] Re: Perl/mapscript error

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Sun May 5 23:50:08 EDT 2002

Lowell,

On Friday, May 3, 2002, at 05:18  PM, Lowell Filak wrote:

> Are you using mod_perl?

yes, indeedy!!

> After looking through the Perl groups this seems to have eliminated the
> errors on my scripts:
> Change all lines:
> my $self = tied(%{$_[0]});
>
> in all DESTROY methods in /usr/lib/perl/.../mapscript.pm with:
> return unless $_[0]->isa('HASH');
> my $self = tied(%{$_[0]});
> return unless $self;

and yes, changing the above seems to take care of things... at least to
the extent I have checked, I am not getting any errors.

when you get time, could you give a gentle explanation of what was going
on, and why mod_perl caused a rash?

thanks,

pk/