[mapserver-users] Re: Java Mapscript

Sathiskumar Govindasamy gsathis at hashprompt.com
Mon May 6 16:42:57 EDT 2002

Andreas,

I did an rpm install of tomcat4 and it did put a
/etc/tomcat4/conf/tomcat4.conf. If you have done other type of
installation, it might be somewhere else. Actaully that is the file
where you configure the JAVA_HOME variable.

server.xml is more of context setting and web.xlm is more of webapp
settings. tomcat4.conf takes care more of enviroment under which tomcat
is started.

As far as I understood, libmapscript.so and one another .so file is all
it matters if you want to use java mapscript. It has everything needed
within itself. I don't thing, where the mapserver is at, matters. You
just send the path where libmapscript.so is to tomcat.

Then you create a webapp and deploy it using tomcat manager. you can put
the mapscript class files at WEB-INF/lib directory if you have them in a
jar file or put them in WEB-INF/class/mapscript otherwise for a webapp.

Sathis