[mapserver-users] Initially centering the map

James Jefferson jjeffers at deskmedia.com
Wed May 8 01:05:38 EDT 2002

Hello everyone,

How can I have mapserver center the image around a point? My users can add
points to the map by passing in a new layer. As the manual describes:

"Here's a snippet from a GET request that addsa feature to a webuser layer:
...&map_webuser_feature=new&map_webuser_feature_points=12345.6789+12345.6789
         +map_webuser_feature_text=My+House!&..."

I need the map to pan and zoom into and around that point automatically. I'm
guessing this is really easy to do, but I haven't figured it out quite yet.

Thanks in advance,

-James Jefferson

PS - Thanks for the help last week regarding tiling maps. That was exactly
what I needed. I now have street level mapping for the US based around the
census tiger files ... all 10+ gigabytes worth.