[mapserver-users] RE: Weirdness w/ May 6 PHP MapScript DLL

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Fri May 10 11:17:53 EDT 2002

Thanks! I'll post to the MapServer list for reference.

Chip

-----Original Message-----
From: Assefa Yewondwossen [mailto:assefa at dmsolutions.ca]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 10:12 AM
To: Hankley, Chip
Subject: Re: Weirdness w/ May 6 DLL

Hi There,

 We are reworking the output format structure in mapserver to be able to
integrate vector output such as PDF and Flash. Due to this, it affected the
save functionnalities.
 Here is the correct was to specify the output format : add in your map file
the IMAGETYPE PNG (if png is your desired output). This will be used when
saving the image.
 The functions  saveWebImage and saveImage will be changed and in near
future
and will not take the imagetype argument. I left the argument for now to not
disrupt existing scripts but it is not used.
 Sorry for the inconnviniece but I was a necessary step to acheive the
ability
to add easily diffrent output formats beside GD.

Best Regards,

"Hankley, Chip" wrote:

> I downloaded the May 6 (php4.1.2_php_mapscript_36-dev_libwww.zip) PHP
> Mapscript DLL and noticed some wierdness w/ respect to image output. It
> appears to be ALWAYS GIF, no matter what I specify in "saveWebImage",
so...

> $url = $img->saveWebImage(MS_PNG, $map->transparent, $map->interlace, 50);
>
> generates a GIF image.
>
> I'm running Win2K with IIS.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Chip