[mapserver-users] mapfiles layer extent control

Joe Bussell joe at otsys.com
Fri May 10 12:31:57 EDT 2002

I have a few layers which seem to behave in a manner which I had not
intended.  Specifically, as I decrease the scale (zoom in) polygon
shapes disappear which I expect to be present.

What controls the choice of whether or not to display a particular layer
other than the MAXSCALE and MINSCALE parameters?  A layer definition
follows which shows the erroneous behavior.  Moving from a scale of 8200
to 4100 drops a small pond which would still fit entirely in the image.

LAYER
    NAME    majorWater
    GROUP   defaultLayer
    TYPE    POLYGON