[mapserver-users] OT kinda - session vars on php 4.1.2

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Fri May 10 19:36:52 EDT 2002

Not sure what you mean by "store my maps"...

if you are referring to mapObj, you can't... it is really a complex
structure that PHP can't handle in session.

since you say you were able to do this with 4.0.6, I am assuming you are not
referring to the mapObj, but perhaps to something else that allows you to
reconstruct a mapObj.

perhaps all the various variables that you might use to define a map at any
given call (zoomfactor, visible layers, highlighted features, extent,
whatnot). or you can write out your mapObj to a mapfile that you can later
refer to.

you might want to store the temp mapfile against a user's name using cookies
or variables you insert in a database to track the user's prefs, etc.