[mapserver-users] Joining tables in PostGIS/MapServer

Jan Hartmann jhart at frw.uva.nl
Mon May 13 11:29:06 EDT 2002

Hello,

A few months ago Dave Blasby announced the implementation of SQL-queries in
the PostGIS-MapServer connection. (
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/wilma/mapserver-users/0110/msg00283.html ).
This doesn't seem to work in more recent MapServer/PostGIS versions . The
problem seems to be that from PostGIS-0.6 on connections use the spatial
reference system of the underlying PostGIS table, and for on-the-fly queries
this simply does not exist (see also
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/wilma/mapserver-users/0203/msg00323.html ). As
a workaround, I changed the 0.6 querystring to 0.5 (line 264 in
mappostgis.c), and now I can make maps based on SQL-queries, including joins
from different tables. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Jan Hartmann
Department of Geography
University of Amsterdam
jhart at frw.uva.nl