[mapserver-users] Add points to shape

Markus Spring m.spring at gmx.de
Thu May 16 09:04:43 EDT 2002

>I don't believe mapscript is intended to edit the associated dbf files.
>For instance if you look at the DBFInfo object you will see that it ONLY reads
information rather than writes information.
>At first this may seem strange but actually it makes sense for mapscript to not
reinvent the wheel when there are other modules available for editting dbf
files.
>You will need to "use XBase;" in order to add records to the dbf file for the
points you add.

Lowell, could you please explain how the dbase record and the shape are
connected to each other? This is a point where I did not come beyond trial and a
lot of errors...

Markus