[mapserver-users] Add points to shape

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu May 16 10:25:16 EDT 2002

Markus,

There is a one to one correspondence between records in the shapefile
and the DBF file. The shapefile contains the geometric information for
the object and the DBF file contains the attribute information for the
object.

So, for an arc type record, the shapefile has the x,y,x,y,x,y,x,y...
and the DBF might have info like TYPE="Road", ROUTE=27, NAME="Rudlof
Strasse", etc

-Steve