[mapserver-users] Problem : decimal point in dbf / itemquery II ?

Robert Fritz robert-fritz at web.de
Thu May 16 13:34:16 EDT 2002

Hello,

the suggestion to remove the "" in the filter expression doesn't solve the
problem, the same query works, if  used  with a number field without decimal
points.
At the moment I change the field format and insert decimal points, the query
does not work anymore.
It seems, the problem are the decimal points?

I would be grateful for any help. Regards, Robert

I think you may want to remove the "". Numbers are queried without ""
whereas characters are queried with "".
Lowell F.

The following message was sent by "Robert Fritz" <robert-fritz at web.de> on
Thu, 16 May 2002 10:17:17 +0200.

> Hello,
>
> i use itemquery to search an entry in a shapefile. the column is formated
as
> Number with a ",".
> the query results in "msQueryByAttributes(): Search returned no results.
No