[mapserver-users] Question about Landview, Mapplet, Javascript

David Graham dgraham at i3.com
Mon May 20 13:32:29 EDT 2002

Hello,

We have been thinking about using the Mapplet to generate mapping
content for our web application.  I thought it would be easiest to learn
how to use Mapplet with an application that aready exists.  So I
downloaded the javascript framwork from landview and tried to get it's
look, feel, and functionality running here locally with one of my maps.
 The initial maps (primary and reference) came up fine.  But the zoom
activities do not work correctly.  There seems to be some sort of scale
issue.  I believe that this issue was created by the fact that the map I
am running against is in geographic Lat Long coordinates the MN DNR map
was in UTM coordinates.  I have been looking through the javascript and
nothing is obvious, it looks like it should work with arbitrary
coordinates.  The problem is likely in the mapserv.js file.  I could use
hint suggestions here as to where the problem might be.

Dave

--
David W. Graham
Director of Geospatial Applications Development
dgraham at i3.com
http://www.i3.com