[mapserver-users] Truetype line symbols

Xisco Guaita xguaita at cesiba.com
Tue May 21 07:52:25 EDT 2002

Hello,

I need to represent the directions of the streets with a symbol like an
arrow. I have read in the list that the form to do it is with ttf symbols,
but these ttf symbols don't draw in the resultant map

I'm using php mapscript to access a PostgreSQL/Postgis DB

Part of the map file is:

SYMBOL
  NAME "arrow+"
  TYPE truetype
  FONT Lucida
  gap 20
  character ">"
END

SYMBOL
  NAME "arrow-"
  TYPE truetype
  FONT Lucida
  gap 20
  character "<"
END

LAYER
  NAME sentidos
  TYPE line
  CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
  CONNECTION "user=demo password=demoSVG dbname=demo host=192.168.1.11"
  DATA "the_geom from tramos"
  STATUS On
  FILTER "sentido <> 0"
  CLASSITEM "sentido"
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION "1"
    COLOR 200 200 200
    SYMBOL "arrow+"
    SIZE 12
  END
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION "-1"
    COLOR 200 200 200
    SYMBOL "arrow-"
    SIZE 12
  END
END

I can label the street layer with ttf fonts with no problems; but instead of
being visualized the ttf symbols, the symbol by defect is visualized.

MapServer version 3.5 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=TTF
INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=SHAPEFILE
PHP v4.0.6  './configure' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--with-pgsql'
'--without-ttf' '-without-mysql' '--with-apxs' '--with-system-regex'

Do you know what is my error?

Thanks,
Xisco Guaita