[mapserver-users] XML mapfile?

C F gis_consultant at hotmail.com
Wed May 22 12:15:55 EDT 2002

On top of the things I mentioned, the other "cool" thing I forgot to mention
is, validation.  You veterans probably don't have this problem... but being
a new MapServer prospect, I've had some real problems tracking down my
mapfile errors.  Writing an XML schema that defines all the rules for the
mapfile format is pretty straightforward and XML parsers are generally good
at telling exactly what rule has been broken and where.