[mapserver-users] Generic PHP WMS Client

Vic Kelson vic at wittmanhydro.com
Thu May 23 21:53:00 EDT 2002

WHOA!  This is about the niftiest thing I've seen in a week or so...

Nice work.
Vic

On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 16:09, Paul Ramsey wrote:

    Mapserverers,

    I am happy to announce the availability of an early version of a generic
    WMS client, based on PHP, and using HTML/Javascript to provide a web
    interface to WMS-based map servers.  The design goal is to be easily
    deployable (just copy and drop), easy to understand (simple interface),
    and very cross platform (no java, no shockwave).

    The URL is http://mapserver.refractions.net

    This interface has been developed entirely using the Mapserver WMS
    implementation as a reference, so there remains much compatibility and
    extension work to be done. This is not a finished product but it is a
    *working* product, so I decided now is the time to release it.

    I hope people with good HTML/Javascript/PHP skills will join in to make
    this a more aesthetically pleasing, more compatible, more entensible
    project.

    Thanks all!

    Paul

    --