[mapserver-users] Generic PHP WMS Client

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu May 23 17:09:50 EDT 2002

Mapserverers,

I am happy to announce the availability of an early version of a generic
WMS client, based on PHP, and using HTML/Javascript to provide a web
interface to WMS-based map servers.  The design goal is to be easily
deployable (just copy and drop), easy to understand (simple interface),
and very cross platform (no java, no shockwave).

The URL is http://mapserver.refractions.net

This interface has been developed entirely using the Mapserver WMS
implementation as a reference, so there remains much compatibility and
extension work to be done. This is not a finished product but it is a
*working* product, so I decided now is the time to release it.

I hope people with good HTML/Javascript/PHP skills will join in to make
this a more aesthetically pleasing, more compatible, more entensible
project.

Thanks all!

Paul

--