[mapserver-users] 3.7

randy james rjames57 at yahoo.com
Fri May 24 12:44:03 EDT 2002

I'm new to mapserver, and just know a bit about
programing and compiling.

I installed 3.7 thinking it was 3.5 and it seems to be

working.

./mapserv -v
MapServer version 3.7 (development) OUTPUT=PNG
OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=
PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF
INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=SHAPEFILE

What type of errors do i expect from 3.7?
For one QUERY does not work

 Than seen my mistake and compiled 3.6beta2 and get
the error;

./mapserv -v
./mapserv: error in loading shared libraries:
libpq.so.2: cannot open shared obj
ect file: No such file or directory

When defining my install dir for postgres do i use the
directory for the source code or the dir where the
include files were installed? (/usr/local/include)

I used the directory where the source code was because
using /usr/local/include or /usr/local/include was not
finding the all the files

And by the way i think mapserver is great, i have
overlayed vectors on orthophotos with no problems
(well almost none) I have 20 layers of orthophotos,
each file is 160mb is size; it seems to handle them
ok.

Randy