[mapserver-users] arrows on lines without truetype

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Fri May 24 19:03:32 EDT 2002

thanks Steve, for a very clear reply.

Unfortunately this does seem like a lot more work than trying to recompile
mapserver with the appropriate truetype stuff. If for no other reason that
the layer(s) might change all the time, and they would have to be prepro all
the time... very kludgy.

btw, the latest freetype lib is 2.1... is that compatible?

also, when I do mapserv -v, it tells me that...

MapServer version 3.5 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=TTF
INPUT=TIFF
 INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=SHAPEFILE

well, what does that "SUPPORTS=TTF" bit mean when at the same time it also
croaks and tells me that mapserver is not compiled with TrueType if I try to
display a ttf symbol.

Puneet.