[mapserver-users] Re: Shadow below map

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue May 28 23:43:13 EDT 2002

The easiest way (and there is no direct way) would be to create an
offset version of your shapefile and then draw it before the real data.
You could use mapscript to write a short script to offset a shapefile
pretty easily.

There are other ways using mapscript and merging 2 maps but I'm not sure
they're worth the effort.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> allan panitch <allanp at tcosoft.com> 05/28/02 16:57 PM >>>
Is there any simple way to make a shadow under the boundry of a map?
IE.. we have a county map that we just want to make it look like there
is
a shadow below the county (there is nothign around it) or make it look
raised?
Thanks for the help.