[mapserver-users] Re: Shadow below map

Richard Greenwood rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Tue May 28 22:32:06 EDT 2002

I think Stephen's idea is more elegant (if it works) but a brute force
approach might be to make a new shape file of your county boundary. Then
scoot it southeast a little, add it into your .map file under your real
county boundary and make it some dark color. This assumes that your real
county boundary is a solid filled polygon, which would mask out this
"shadow" polygon.

Rich