[mapserver-users] install in another unix

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed May 29 15:43:16 EDT 2002

Patricio Gigoux wrote:
> hello
> No, realy, I did the question because, I have will install mapserver in
> Digital or Sun machine and I want know what are problems I will found
> speciality with software relationship with mapserver. I now have working
> mapserver in RedHat 7.2

Patricio,

Note that OSF/1 on the DEC Alpha is a 64 bit platform, and though MapServer
has ported to various 32bit unix system you may find OSF/1 harder.  I don't
mean to state the obvious, but I once arrived at a DEC porting center with
about 1.5 million lines of code to port to OSF/1 without having any clue
that it was a 64 bit platform!

Best regards,