[mapserver-users] Persistent Selection

Richard Greenwood rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Thu May 30 00:46:04 EDT 2002

I'm coming into this thread a little late, but here's what I do: I have two
layers to represent the same data, in my case property ownership polygons.
The first one (see below) displays everything in the shape file with black
outlines, and defines a template for attribute queries. The second layer is
used to highlight the outline of the polygon in yellow graphically.

Rich

QUERYMAP
         STATUS ON
         STYLE SELECTED
END

LAYER
         NAME  "join_region"
         TYPE Polygon
         DATA  "join_region"
         HEADER "attribute_header.html"
         FOOTER "attribute_footer.html"
         CLASS
                 Name "Lot and Parcel Lines"
                 TEMPLATE "attribute_display.html"       # Use to display
attribute data
                 SYMBOL "Solid"
                 OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
                 SIZE 2
         END  # CLASS
END  # layer "join_region"

Layer
         NAME "join_region_spatial"
         DATA join_region                                TYPE  polygon
         STATUS default
         FILTERITEM Pidn
         Filter "%pidn%"
         CLASS
                 TEMPLATE tc.html        # Use to display map
                 OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 0
                 SYMBOL 'solid'
                 SIZE 6
         END # CLASS