[mapserver-users] compiling mapscript for php

David Bain pigeonflight at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 30 08:57:18 EDT 2002

In the mapserver directory
I run the command
 ./configure --with-php=/usr/include/php/

I get the following error when configuring mapserver
with php

configure: error:
!!! The current version of PHP MapScript has some
problems with       !!!
!!! PHP4's bundled regex.  Until we figure the
solution to the        !!!
!!! problem, the workaround is to compile PHP4 with
the system regex  !!!
!!! Please re-configure and re-compile PHP4 with
--with-system-regex  !!!
!!! and then re-configure and re-compile MapServer.
               !!!

=====
David Bain
Internet and Networking