[mapserver-users] Mapserver on a shared server

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Thu May 30 10:27:10 EDT 2002

There are no dumb questions (well, there are a few, but this ain't it) ;-)

yes, the whole compilation stuff is a problem... esp. given all the
dependencies. If perchance your dev box were identical to your ISP's, you
could compile on your box and then install the binary(s) on the webserver,
and cross your pinky that it works. This is the curse of the diversity in
Unix world (unless you and your ISP are running MacOS X... say it's so :)

try colo... that way you can own your box and do what you want with it, and
when it is all working, stuff it in your colocator's cage for a couple of
hundred a month.

good luck.

pk/