[mapserver-users] gcc 3.x and gcc 2.9.x

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Nov 1 09:33:59 EST 2002

Babak Toloue Tehrani wrote:

> SuSe 8.1 is using gcc 3.2, but you can also install the gcc 2.9.5 to
> /opt/gcc295/ . What is the command or the change in the Makfile to
> compile Mapserver with the old version of gcc.

Unless the OS provides a command to switch the default compiler, I don't
think there is any simple way with MapServer's configure or Makefiles to
select one compiler or another.

One way that may work is setting /opt/gcc295/bin (or whatever the bin
path is) at the very beginning of our path.  This way the gcc 2.9.5
tools should be found first by configure and the makefiles, before the
gcc 3.2 binaries that are likely under /usr/bin.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca