[mapserver-users] maplab - mapbrowser

Paul Spencer spencer at dmsolutions.ca
Sat Nov 2 08:37:41 EST 2002

Roman,

you can address your maplab-specific questions to the
maplab-users at dmsolutions.ca mailing list and can join the list from the
maplab page at http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/owt/maplab/

Can you provide me with the following information please:

maplab version
mapscript version
php version
web server and version
operating system
what you were doing when the timeout happened.

In general, I can say that the problem you experienced is not uncommon
if you have a slow machine or an older maplab or php version. There were
some significant performance optimizations in the latest maplab release.
  You can get the latest version:

maplab-2.0dev

from the maplab site mentioned before.  Make sure to take the 'dev' version.

You will also need to have php 4.2.x (preferrably 4.2.3) and MapServer
3.6.2 or 3.6.3 (perferrably 3.6.3)

Cheers,

Paul

--