[mapserver-users] Vector output

Dylan Keon keon at nacse.org
Mon Nov 4 18:19:25 EST 2002

John McCue wrote:

> Can MapServer output any vector formats (such as SVG, WMF or PDF),
> possibly using another library?

Not sure about SVG (would be cool) or WMF.  I think there's some
information in the archives regarding SVG.  PDF output is possible from
MapServer (there is a shp2pdf utility), but you have more flexibility
with PHP MapSscript and libpdf.  I've been doing this in my PHP app and
it's working well.  There was also a message this morning about the same
thing...there is a new Wiki entry covering the general method at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PHPMapscriptPDF.

--Dylan