[mapserver-users] Cascading WMS

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Nov 5 14:59:12 EST 2002

It is possible that the remote WMS server is returning an XML error,
which is not handled very nicely by MapServer 3.6.  You can try
including in your CONNECTION string a EXCEPTIONS=INIMAGE parameter so
that the error is returned in image format.  Or recompile your MapServer
using --enable-debug, and then look in the Apache error_log, you will
see the URL that MapServer calls when contacting the remote WMS server,
and if you call this URL in a web browser then you'll see what error is
being produced.

Daniel

P.S. I hope your CONNECTION string doesn't contain spaces like in the
example quoted in your Email.  If it does then theat could be the source
of your problems: make sure your CONNECTION parameter is a single string
with no space.