[mapserver-users] scale

Murray, Ross rmurray at NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Nov 6 09:31:11 EST 2002

I hate to rush anyone, given the gracious help I have received from listers.
However, I would like to see an answer to the below question soon.
Specifically, if my maps display the way I want on my monitor (1024X768) how
should I adjust maxscale when I am using a different machine (say during
presentations to be given, say this Friday)? I can change map size
programmatically without trouble but getting the scale right seems to be hit
and miss. Is it a true scale or are units like pixels per map unit invloved?

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hagstrand [mailto:johnhagstrand at interageresearch.com]
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 11:16 PM
To: mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
Subject: [mapserver-users] scale

Hello,

What is "scale"?  As used in the Map File attributes, MINSCALE, etc.  How
is scale calculated?

Thanks
John

John Hagstrand
Interage Research, Inc.
847 838 5371
Software Development Consulting for Internet Content Management
We make knowledge accessible, useful, and relevant for everyone.
http://www.interageresearch.com