[mapserver-users] compile error in RH 8 & Mdk 9

Richard Greenwood Rich at greenwoodmap.com
Wed Nov 6 13:32:18 EST 2002

At 01:58 PM 11/6/2002 -0300, you wrote:

>hi,  a have a compilation error with mapserver over RedHat 8 & Mandrake 9.
>The configure script works fine, but when i execute the make command the
>system gives me a error with many declaration functions, an error with the
>maptemplate.o file...

Mandrake 9 comes with gcc 3, which has trouble with mapserver. There has
been some discussion on this list regarding various work arounds and I
haven't tried all of them. If you have an older Mdk or RH installed
somewhere, just compile MS there and copy it to your newer distributions.
Mdk 9 also has gcc 2 on the CD, which you could install.

Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.
Rich at GreenwoodMap.com