[mapserver-users] Couldn't run perl mapscript under Apache

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Thu Nov 7 10:48:03 EST 2002

On Thursday, November 7, 2002, at 05:45  AM, Krung Saengpole wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I had trouble getting perl mapscript run on Apache 1.3.26 under RH
> 7.2. Mapscript compiled from mapserver 3.6.3.
>
> My script is:
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> use mapscript;
> use CGI qw/:standard/;
>
> print header();
> print start_html();
> $map = new mapObj('mapfile.map');
> $img = $map->draw();  # <---- error took place here
> $img->saveImage('file.png', $mapscript::MS_PNG,1,1,0);

well, you have tell us what the error message was.

The code looks ok to me except I would separate the logic and the
output... y'know, do all the image generation, and only then start with
my print header etc.