[mapserver-users] msquerybypoit

Emil Zegers EZS at destraat.nl
Fri Nov 8 09:43:00 EST 2002

Hi Sven,

Could you send some of the getfeutureinfo requests you use so I cab
take a look at the syntax?

You're saying you're sending georeferenced coordinates to mapserver but
for the getfetureinfo request you should send x and y location in
pixeluntits together via extent coordinates to get a result.

Took me some time to figure this out.

Take a look at the WMS papers at the OGC site, it has some examples in
it making this more clear.

Emil Zegers

>>> Sven Jacobi <jacobi at dfki.de> 11/07/02 04:02pm >>>
Hello,

I want to identify objects in my map like towns or lakes and get
specified informations about them
by clicking on them. I send the georeferenced coordinates to mapserver

and want to show the infos
in a new browser.
This works fine, but I get always this error message in my new browser
where
I want to place the informations.

"msQueryByPoint(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s)
found."

Does anybody know where this comes from. Is there perhaps no
information
stored in the
shapefile I use?
Any idea by anyone???